Belsize Park RFC is London's most central Rugby club and plays out of Regents Park. It traces its history back to the founding of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and is considered the most widely toured amateur club in the world. Preseason training runs from July til end of August in Regents Park (Tuesdays and Thursdays) while winter training is on Wednesdays at Corams Fields (also incredibly central).
The Club runs five senior teams, a Vets and a minis section:
- The 1st XV play in Herts/Middlesex 1 and aim to be promoted again this coming season
- The 2nd XV and the Bulls (3rd XV) compete in the Middlesex Merit Table 1st Division and 5th Division respectively
- The Buffaloes (4th XV) and Bisons (5th XV)offer social rugby at its most traditional with weekly friendlies around the capital
- The Vets arrange regular friendly fixtures throughout the season for retired players
- Our minis section, the Regents Park Royals, play on Sunday mornings in Regents Park
|2012-13 1st XV ready for the season (left) and club incorporation at the Horse Guards (right).|
In addition, the Club also is affiliated with and provides coaching for the Regents Park Royals, has an occasional Vets side, and puts out summer touch and sevens sides whilst providing year-round training in central London.
The Club’s ambition is to be the best amateur club in London, encompassing exciting rugby that embraces all playing abilities, the best of parties and social side, and the continuation of an unrivalled touring tradition. Hopefully we can share in this exercise with as many of you as possible.
Club History and Tours
Belsize Park was founded in 1871, and in the same year was one of the 21 founding member clubs of the Rugby Football Union. Since then it has been playing a high standard of rugby while maintaining a very strong and unique social culture.
The Club has a proud and illustrious history of touring and is considered to be the most widely toured amateur club in the world. With two tours a year (one national and one international) for over thirty years, Belsize has toured extensively across North America and Europe, as well as reaching destinations as far-flung as China, Croatia, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina.
Belsize Park just returned from Malta. Of course what goes on tour stays on tour so little false can be said. However, in addition to our main sponsor thewealthworks, we would like to thank Sundreams Travel for their sponsorship and support.